SplashLearn offers a range of customizable settings within the Class Settings section, allowing teachers to personalize their classroom experience. This article will guide you through the various options available under Class Settings, providing step-by-step instructions to help you navigate and utilize these features effectively.
Click on the 'Manage Class' drop-down menu in your SplashLearn account.
Select 'Class settings' to access the class settings page.
Exploring Class Settings Options:
1. Class Name: Update your class name by clicking on the editable text field.
2. Grade: Update the grade level associated with your class by selecting the appropriate option from the grade level dropdown.
- Please note that the Math curriculum on SplashLearn is available from grades K-5, while the Reading curriculum is available for students in grades K-2. Hence, teachers can promote their Math+Reading class till grade 2nd only.
3. Language: Teachers have the option to change the language preference for the entire class to English (US), English (UK), English (AU), or Spanish.
- Please note that the language option applies only to the student dashboard when using SplashLearn at school. The teacher dashboard and parent invite letters are unaffected by the class setting.
4. Password Mode: The teacher can choose between "Common" or "Individual" password modes for the students to access their dashboard during school hours.
5. Password Type: The teacher can select "Text" or "Picture" as the password type per their preferences.
6. Allow Multiple Attempts: The teacher can decide whether to allow students multiple assignment attempts.
7. Make Assignments Mandatory: The teacher can determine that students complete the assignments before proceeding to the other skills or games.
8. Assignment Notifications to Parents: The teacher can specify whether parents should receive notifications about assigned activities.
9. Weekly Report to Parents: The teacher can control whether weekly progress reports will be sent to the parents.
10. Make Learning Plan Mandatory: Teachers can make the learning plan mandatory for students to ensure they complete it before proceeding to the other skills or games.
Points to remember:
- Once you've created a classroom, please know that the subject cannot be changed. In case you wish to add Math or Reading in the existing classroom, then you need to delete the existing classroom and create the classroom again. Learn more about How can teachers delete the classroom in SplashLearn? and How can a teacher create a SplashLearn classroom? Just so you know, if you delete the classroom, then you'll lose the progress of the students.
- While selecting the grade level from Kindergarten to Grade 2, you can access the Math+Reading Classroom. At present, setting up a separate ELA/Reading/Language Arts classroom is not an available option. However, it's important to remember that SplashLearn continually enhances its offerings. Anticipate the introduction of additional grade levels and subjects, providing an even broader spectrum of educational opportunities in the future.
If you have any other questions, feel free to click here to raise a request at our Customer support.
Dive into the wealth of resources available and unlock the boundless opportunities for interdisciplinary learning within SplashLearn!