Enabling home access for students is a valuable feature allowing them to continue their learning journey outside the classroom. This article will explore the different methods teachers can use to enable home access for their students in SplashLearn. By following the step-by-step instructions provided below, teachers can ensure that their students have the opportunity to learn and grow beyond the traditional school hours.
Enabling Home Access Digitally by Updating Parent's Email Address:
- Click on the ‘Manage Class’ drop-down and select ‘Student roster.’ Update the Parent email address under the column ‘Parent emails’ against each student and click on the ‘Invite’ button to send the home access invite over email.
Enabling Home Access Without Updating the Parent's Email Address:
1. Print out the Parent home access invites Letters.
- Download the Parent Letters from the button ‘Download Invite’.
- Print out the letters and share them with the parents physically.
2. Share the Parent home access invite Link
- If you don’t have parent emails, you can still enable home access for the parents in one go by quickly sharing the invite link with the parents.
- Click on the ‘Copy Invite.’
- Paste the invite link on any platforms you may use to communicate with the parents.
Understanding Home-Access Status:
As a teacher, it is essential to understand the different home-access statuses to ensure a smooth and effective learning experience for your students. In this section, we will provide an overview of the various home-access statuses in SplashLearn and what they signify. By familiarizing yourself with these statuses, you can easily track and manage the home-access process, ensuring that your students have uninterrupted access to their educational resources. Let's explore the different home-access statuses in SplashLearn and their implications.
- Not Enabled Yet: The teacher has not initiated the home Access process.
- Send Reminder: Home Access set-up is pending at the parent's end. The teacher can once again send a reminder using the same link.
- Enabled: Home Access has been successfully enabled for the student.
How can a teacher disable home access?
Please note that once a parent has set up a classroom-linked account, Home Access cannot be disabled. However, as a teacher, you have the option to manage Home Access by deleting classes or removing students with active Home Access. Deleting a class or removing students with Home Access will revoke their ability to continue learning outside of the school/classroom environment. Please consider this when making decisions regarding Home Access for your class or individual students.
Points to Remember:
- Email addresses for parents cannot be updated if the home access status is 'Enabled.'
- With home access, students can only access the skills and assignments assigned by the teacher, listed under the 'From My Teacher' tab.
- In order to promote academic concentration during school hours, students are now limited to playing 2 games per day in the Gamezone. However, students who have activated "Home Access" will still have the opportunity to fully explore the Gamezone after school hours.
- Please note that home access to SplashLearn is not available on Kindle Fire tablets and Android apps.
By enabling home access for your students, you empower them to continue their learning journey beyond the confines of the classroom. Utilize the methods mentioned above and take advantage of this feature to ensure your students have the flexibility and convenience to access their assigned skills and assignments from home.